Business of the Ministry of Shipping as per
ALLOCATION OF BUSINESS AMONG THE DIFFERENT MINISTRIES AND DIVISIONS
(Schedule I of the Rules of Business, 1996)
(Revised up to April 2010)
2. Light-house and light-ships.
3. Navigation, Shipping, Maritime Administration of Safety.
4. Mercantile marine.
5. Admiralty jurisdiction, offences committed on high seas.
6. Inland water transport and shipping, marine service and elimination of danger to shipping.
7. Inland waterways.
8. Administration of all inland ships.
9. Engineer and ship surveyors and registrar of inland shipping.
10. Welfare of merchant navy seafarers, employment of seamen.
11. Education, training, standards and certification for Mercantile Marine and Inland Water Transport.
12. Organisation and maintenance of mainland, islands and inter-island shipping services.
13. Matters relating to marine pollution from ships and crafts.
14. Registration and safety administration of fishing vessels.
15. Hydrographic surveys in the inland waters of Bangladesh and preparation of charts for inland navigation.
16. Marine search and rescue.
17. Co-ordination and research relating to this Ministry.
18. Legislation relating to shipping and navigation.
19. Recruitment of seaman.
20. Licensing of Agents for the recruitment of seaman.
21. Secretariat administration including financial matters.
22. Administration and control of subordinate offices and organizations under this Ministry.
23. Liaison with International Organizations and matters relating to treaties and agreements with other countries and world bodies relating to subjects allotted to this Ministry.
24. All laws on subjects allotted to this Ministry.
25. Inquiries and statistics on any of the subjects allotted to this Ministry.
26. Fees in respect of any of the subjects allotted to this Ministry except fees taken in courts.
মাননীয় নৌ পরিবহন মন্ত্রী
মাননীয় নৌ পরিবহন সচিব